PS Canally is a side wheel paddle steamer that was originally launched in 1907. It was built in Koondrook NSW by RW Beer. It has a wooden hull on wooden frames with a flat bottom and double ended hull shape and is just over 28 metres long.
The vessel was originally arranged with a main deck and an upper deck, with the cabin and wheelhouse on the upper deck.
It was built to take cargo, passengers and work as a trading boat. It was fitted with a steam engine from a locomotive in 1912.
It is owned by the Mid Murray Council and based at Morgan on the River Murray in South Australian, as it is being restored to its former glory by a dedicated team of volunteers.
People that have Viewed this Website
The PS Canally being towed to the Berri slipway by the Oscar W.